NatureColostrum Goat’s Milk Colostrum Supplement is a unique and non-allergenic form of colostrum, which is the life-giving fluid produced as a precursor to mother’s milk. Colostrum is found in humans, goats, and other mammals where it is produced by the mother for two days following birth.
It can be described as a brilliantly designed transfer system which basically “jump starts” your immune system. In addition to giving you a bulletproof immune system, healing a leaky gut and enhancing muscle repair, recovery and growth hormone formation, colostrum can completely eliminate gut issues in athletes during exercise if you load with it for about one to two weeks prior to hard and heavy exercise, such as an Ironman triathlon or marathon – especially if that exercise is in hot weather.
NatureColostrum is a unique form of colostrum because it is derived from goats – meaning it’s from a source that is much closer to human milk than the mass produced bovine (cow) colostrum. This makes it far more biocompatible with the human body, and better absorbed. Colostrum supplies the body with immune boosting and muscle-building, recovery-enhancing growth factors and is easily tolerated by your gut.
So what biological role does colostrum play?
Colostrum has a myriad of health related benefits – the primary being immune and growth related. Colostrum is made up of an enormous variety of macro and micro constituents such as cytokines, immunoglobulins, lactoferrin, growth factors and hormones. These components play important biological roles that are vital to proper health and immune function, including:
- Cytokines: Part of your systemic immune system. These hormones keep communication between immune cells active (no communication means low immunity and frequent sickness and susceptibility to illness!)
- Growth Factors: (IGF-I, IGF-II, EGF) As the name implies, growth factors assist with maintenance and growth of certain body tissues, including muscle.
- Lactoferrin: Lactoferrin assists with iron absorption and has been shown to also have anti-microbial characteristics. It is a part of your immune defense system.
- Growth Hormone: Growth Hormone (GH) works individually as well as together with the other growth factors in colostrum to aid in growth and function of gastrointestinal tissues, muscle and more.
- Immunoglobulins (IgA, IgD, IgE, IgG, IgM) Immunoglobulins are also known as antibodies. These small proteins, are used by your immune system to seek out and destroy foreign antigens (invaders).
If you have gut issues or leaky gut, you have a hard workout or race in the heat, you want to recover faster, or you want to increase hormones and immune system strength, NatureColostrum will be an amazing addition to your daily protocol.
This product works extremely well when combined with and taken at the same time as probiotics.