It is all too obvious that estrogen dominance is at an all time high! Many overweight men now carry body fat in a similar manner to overweight women with excess fat in the hips, glutes, and thighs. Women with high levels of fat storage in the hips, glutes, and thighs are also clearly estrogen dominant and need to address hormone balance.
Other symptoms of estrogen dominance in men and women include…
…poor mood, lack of focus, non-existent sex drive, poor sex function, water retention, difficulty losing fat and building muscle. In addition, too much estrogen contributes to prostate issues in men and too much estrogen contributes to a higher incidence of breast cancer in women.
Estrogen dominance rises when men fail to produce enough testosterone to keep estrogen levels in check. In addition, men often have high estrogen levels due to rapid conversion of testosterone into estrogen via aromatase enzymes. High exposure to xenoestrogens, stress, poor diet digestion issues, smoking, alcohol consumption are among the other common reasons why both men and women have excess estrogen levels.
So you can think of Estrogen Control (we like to call it “EC”), designed by Mike Mahler’s Aggressive Strength company, as supplemental insurance to stack the hormone optimization deck in your favor and help ensure you achieve all of your health and fitness goals.
So what exactly is in EC? EC consists of potent extracts of Turmeric, Brassaiopsis Glomerulata, and Prunella Vulgaris. These are the three most effective natural ingredients for battling estrogen dominance.
EC consists of extracts of Turmeric, Brassaiopsis Glomerulata, and Prunella Vulgaris. These are the three most effective proven natural ingredients for battling estrogen dominance.
There are also numerous additional benefits that each of the ingredients in EC offer. Let’s take a closer look at each ingredient.
Turmeric Extract (Curcuma Longa) with BioPerine®
Turmeric alone is a very effective estrogen blocker. It works by forcefully blocking estrogen receptors on the cellular level. The correct extract of Turmeric is so strong that some studies have suggested that it may be even more efficacious than the drug Tamoxifen at lowering estrogen without any of the side effects.
Also because turmeric is poorly absorbed, BioPerine® has been added to the formula to ensure you get all of the benefits.
In addition to being a powerful estrogen blocker, the benefits of Turmeric are endless and include:
- Supports testosterone production in men due to heightened activity of enzymes such as 3-beta-HSD and 17-beta-HSD in the testes. These enzymes are involved in the biosynthesis of testosterone
- Has as an anabolic/anticatabolic effect in muscle tissue
- Improves prostate health by protecting the prostate against androgens
- Has been shown to block the growth of fat tissue and stimulates fat burning in the body
- Boosts the blood vessel widening effect of nitric oxide
- Increases glucose uptake into muscle cells
- Reduces inflammation
- Improves joint health and pain management
- Relieves arthritis
- Mitigates depression
- Ramps up the growth of new neurons and battles various degenerative processes in the brain
- Improves brain health by encouraging more acetylcholine to make it to the brain
- Enhances insulin sensitivity which is critical for fat loss, hormone optimization, and overall health
- Upgrades liver function and liver health
- Promotes heart health and ideal blood pressure
- Sharpens the function of the endothelium, which is the lining of the blood vessels
- Elevates metabolism to improve fat loss
- Is a strong anti-oxidant and improves the immune system
- Has potent anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal properties
- Cultivates gut health and alleviates digestion issues
- Supports healthy cholesterol levels
- Promotes bone health
- Relieves the symptoms eczema and inflammatory bowel disease
Brassaiopsis glomerulata Extract
Brassaiopsis glomerulata is an herb that has been used in China to relieve a variety of issues, including back pain and constipation.
But a few years ago, researchers ascertained that extracts of the leaves of Brassaiopsis glomerulata also have powerful anti-oestrogenic effects, making it a potent natural aromatase inhibitor. One study even showed it is as powerful as the leading aromatase inhibitor drug.
You guessed it, the same extracts used in the studies are in also used in EC to ensure you benefit from the estrogen blocking effects of Brassaiopsis glomerulata.
Prunella Vulgaris PE 20:1
Prunella Vulgaris has potent anti-estrogenic properties via activation of the aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AHR). AHR is involved in protein expression in the body and its activation has been shown to interfere with estrogen receptor alpha (ERalpha) due to direct cross-talk.
Prunella also has a variety of other benefits including:
- Reduces inflammation and is a natural antibiotic
- Alleviates allergies and sore throat
- Reduces fevers
- Mitigates stomach issues such as diarrhea and internal bleeding
- Promotes liver and heart health
- Supports healthy blood pressure
- Natural detoxifier and diuretic
- Helps lower high blood glucose levels
Serving Size: 1 Capsule – Servings Per Container: 90 (4 – 6 week supply)
Ingredients Per Serving %DV
Proprietary Blend 672mg **%
Turmeric Extract (Curcuma Longa) 222mg
Brassaiopsis Glomerulata Extract 222mg
Prunella Vulgaris PE 20:1 222mg
Black Pepper Extract (fruit) BioPerine® 6.5mg
Other ingredients: cellulose, water
Studies on Estrogen Control ingredients
1. Balunas MJ, Su B, Riswan S, Fong HH, Brueggemeier RW, Pezzuto JM, Kinghorn AD. Isolation and Characterization of Aromatase Inhibitors from Brassaiopsis glomerulata (Araliaceae). Phytochem Lett. 2009 Feb 19;2(1):29-33.
2. Klinge CM, Kaur K, Swanson HI. The aryl hydrocarbon receptor interacts with estrogen receptor alpha and orphan receptors COUP-TFI and ERRalpha1. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2000 Jan 1;373(1):163-74.
3. Collins NH, Lessey EC, DuSell CD, McDonnell DP, Fowler L, Palomino WA, Illera MJ, Yu X, Mo B, Houwing AM, Lessey BA. Characterization of antiestrogenic activity of the Chinese herb, prunella vulgaris, using in vitro and in vivo (Mouse Xenograft) models. Biol Reprod. 2009 Feb;80(2):375-83.
4. Kempaiah RK, Srinivasan K. Influence of dietary curcumin, capsaicin and garlic on the antioxidant status of red blood cells and the liver. Ann Nutr Metab. 2004 Sep-Oct;48(5):314-20.
5. Masuda T, Hidaka K, Shinohara A, Maekawa T, Takeda Y, Yamaguchi H. Chemical studies on antioxidant mechanism of curcuminoid: analysis of radical reaction products from curcumin. J Agric Food Chem. 1999 Jan;47(1):71-7.
6. 2014 Sep;143:49-60. doi: 10.1016/j.jsbmb.2014.02.008. Epub 2014 Feb 22.Combined administration of curcumin and gallic acid inhibits gallic acid-induced suppression of steroidogenesis, sperm output, antioxidant defenses and inflammatory responsive genes.
7. Bhutani MK, Bishnoi M, Kulkarni SK. Anti-depressant like effect of curcumin and its combination with piperine in unpredictable chronic stress-induced behavioral, biochemical and neurochemical changes. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2009 Mar;92(1):39-43.
8. Jeong GS, An RB, Pae HO, Oh GS, Chung HT, Kim YC. Heme oxygenase-1 inducing constituent of Prunella vulgaris in HepG2 cells. Biol Pharm Bull. 2008 Mar;31(3):531-3.